[CASL-L] FREE Webinar | Designing Learning Environments Based on How We Learn

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 08:01:33 PST 2013

FYI
archived for your convenience

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: edWeb.net <info at edweb.net>
To: kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tue, January 8, 2013 7:08:29 AM
Subject: New Webinar | Designing Learning Environments Based on How We Learn

Webinar - Designing Learning Environments Based on How We Learn

Join the Community
The Brain and Learning

The Brain and Learning is a professional learning community to explore what
neuroscience tells us about learning.
This is an online community where educators and scientists who are studying the
brain can share information on the latest brain research and how we can use the
results to improve learning.
The Brain and Learning is a community where you can post questions, start
discussions, and get feedback from scientists and educators on this fascinating
topic.

As a member of the community you'll receive...
	* Invitations to free webinars and live chats.
	* A CE certificate for attending/viewing our webinars.
	* Access to all of the recorded webinars, presentations, resources, and online
discussions.

JOIN the Community
________________________________

 Use  edWeb.net's new mobile app to access edWeb anytime, anywhere.
edweb.net/mobile

 Follow us on Twitter
to learn about upcoming webinars and special events
  Join us for our next webinar!
Designing Learning Environments Based on How We Learn
Wednesday, January 16 at 4pm ET
Presented by:
Jen Groff, Educational Engineer and the VP of Learning & Program Development for
the Learning Games Network
The last several decades have produced volumes of research and an improved
understanding of the brain and how we learn. The OECD project Innovative
Learning Environments has sought to explore how this research aligns with strong
and innovative models of learning environments for the 21st century. The project
put together a volume called The Nature of Learning: Using Research to Inspire
Practice, which is based on this extensive knowledge base. In our community's
next webinar, Jennifer Groff, an advisor and consultant to this project, will
discuss the 7 Key Principles of learning environments outlined by this work.
These principles serve as guides to inform everyday experiences in current
classrooms, as well as future educational programs and systems – along with the
pedagogies that are supported by this research, to describe the conditions and
environments that engage deep learning and empower learners. Jennifer also will
share with attendees a condensed 12-page booklet that distills this research
volume into a "practitioner guide." Join her on January 16th to learn how to
design learning environments based on how students learn.
About the presenter
Jennifer Groff is an educational engineer and researcher whose work focuses on
redesigning learning environments and experiences through educational
innovations and technologies. Currently, she is the VP of Learning for the
Learning Games Network. She is also the co-founder of the Center for Curriculum
Redesign as well as an advisor to the OECD Innovative Learning Environments
project. Previously, Jen was a US-UK Fulbright Scholar at Futurelab Education in
Bristol, United Kingdom. She was named a Microsoft Innovative Teacher Leader in
2005 and a Google Certified Teacher.

REGISTER HERE for the webinar
________________________________

Many thanks to our  sponsor
edWeb.net is a social network and professional learning community that makes it
easy for teachers and all educators to connect and collaborate with peers, share
information and best practices, and spread innovative ideas to improve teaching
and learning.

Contact us to learn more: 800-575-6015 | info at edweb.net | www.edweb.net
edWeb.net | PO Box 1387 | Princeton | NJ | 08542

Forward email

This email was sent to kwidz at sbcglobal.net by info at edweb.net |
Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

edWeb.net | PO Box 1387 | Princeton | NJ | 08542