[CASL-L] iCONN: Transition from Cengage Gale to EBSCO

Sullivan, William F William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov
Mon Jun 3 05:01:27 PDT 2013

Connecticut Librarians:
This is a reminder that, as a result of a recent bid award, we will be replacing all Cengage Gale databases with EBSCO databases in iCONN  effective July 1, 2013.  To ease the transition, and to help librarians get up-to-speed on the new resources before the hard cutover on July 1, EBSCO is making available early access to all databases at http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/Forthcoming.aspx (or, select "Recent/Coming Changes" on the iCONN.org landing page).  Username and password are the same:  iconn.  In addition to early access, you will find much more information about the new resources and links to register for webinar training sessions.  All new information concerning the transition will be posted to the forthcoming page.  We are presently working with Auto-Graphics and EBSCO on creating and testing  direct links to each resource which will be posted here when completed:  http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/urltable.aspx.

If you have any questions regarding the transition, please contact Eric Hansen, Electronic Resources Coordinator at: Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov<mailto:Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov> or 860-704-2224 or 888-256-1222 (toll free in CT).  If you need assistance in using the EBSCO resources, please refer to the extensive training materials at http://support.ebsco.com/training/index.php or contact EBSCO support at http://support.epnet.com/contact/.

We hope you are pleased with the new resources!

Regards,

William Sullivan, Administrator
iCONN.org - Connecticut's re-search engine
Connecticut State Library
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT  06457
William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov<mailto:William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov>
www.iconn.org<http://www.iconn.org/> - www.twitter.com/iCONN<http://www.twitter.com/iCONN>
www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.cslib.org/> - www.facebook.com/CSLDLD<http://www.facebook.com/CSLDLD>
p:  860-704-2230 or 888-256-1222 (toll-free in CT)
f:  860-704-2228