[CASL-L] iCONN/EBSCO Training Webinars

Sullivan, William F William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov
Tue Jun 4 06:39:03 PDT 2013

Connecticut Libraries:
EBSCO is providing a series of audience-specific webinars to help librarians get up-to-speed on the new resources that will be in place on July 1.  You can view past webinars or register for forthcoming webinars here:  http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/EBSCOiCONNTraining.htm  The next session is June 12th for school libraries.  Here are the webinar descriptions:

Using iCONN OneSearch
This hands-on training session will include an overview of iCONN OneSearch, a unified index of information resources provided by iCONN. We will focus on key features and functionality; explore basic and advanced searching; and manipulating the results list to locate relevant full-text content. Saving results and setting up search alerts via the My EBSCOhost folder will also be covered.

iCONN/EBSCO Resources for Public Libraries
This hands-on training session will focus on the individual EBSCOhost databases provided by iCONN that are most relevant to Public Libraries. We will cover basic and advanced searching in EBSCOhost, along with specific interfaces, including History Reference Center, Science Reference Center, Referencia Latina, and more. For a list of all public library resources, see http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/AboutiCONNOneSearchPublic.htm.

iCONN/EBSCO Resources for School Libraries
This hands-on training session will focus on individual EBSCOhost databases provided by iCONN that are most relevant to School Libraries. We will cover basic and advanced searching in EBSCOhost, along with specific interfaces, including Kids Search, Student Research Center, History Reference Center, and more. For a list of all high school resources, see: http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/AboutiCONNOneSearchHighSchool.htm. For a list of all middle school resources, see: http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/AboutiCONNOneSearchMiddleSchool.htm. For a list of all elementary school resources, see: http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/AboutiCONNOneSearchElementary.htm.

iCONN/EBSCO Resources for Academic Libraries
This hands-on training session will focus on individual EBSCOhost databases provided by iCONN that are most relevant to Academic Libraries. We will cover basic and advanced searching in EBSCOhost, along with specific interfaces, including Biography Reference Center, History Reference Center, and more. For a list of all academic library resources, seehttp://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/AboutiCONNOneSearchAcademic.htm.

More sessions will be available over the summer.

William Sullivan, Administrator
iCONN.org - Connecticut's re-search engine
Connecticut State Library
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT  06457
William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov<mailto:William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov>
www.iconn.org<http://www.iconn.org/> - www.twitter.com/iCONN<http://www.twitter.com/iCONN>
www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.cslib.org/> - www.facebook.com/CSLDLD<http://www.facebook.com/CSLDLD>
p:  860-704-2230 or 888-256-1222 (toll-free in CT)
f:  860-704-2228