[CASL-L] Graphic Novel Cataloging Question

Teri Padua tpadua at nwr7.org
Thu Jun 6 11:46:03 PDT 2013

We also have our graphic novels in a separate collection. The call numbers
all start with GN, then Fic Arakawa for the Full Metal Alchemist series, or
GN 822.33 P8 for a graphic treatment of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  We try
to shelve the non-fiction together, but make no effort to keep the fiction
in author order.  The series we have sit together in volume order.

Teri Padua

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Earnshaw,Tracy <tearnshaw at rsd13.org> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,****
>
>                 How can I change the cataloging of my graphic novels so
> that first, students can search for graphic novels and come up with the
> whole list of them regardless of Dewey number.  Second, how can I catalog
> them so that during inventory they don’t come up on the shelf list.   I
> have a new graphic novel collection this year and I’ve decided to house it
> separately.  I have, however, retained the Dewey numbers on the non-fiction
> graphic novels and changed the fictional ones to fiction instead of 741.5
> for comic books.  I have GRAPHIC NOVEL stickers on the spines so they will
> get re-shelved properly. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks for your help!****
>
> ** **