[CASL-L] Neal Shusterman's Fees

LJ Averill averilllj at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 10:46:29 PDT 2013

Since my goal is to reach as many students as possible, I’ve set up a sliding fee scale based on a few different parameters:

My fee is $3,200 per day if:

-- You are booking me in your area for three or more days, AND
-- I will be speaking to AT LEAST 800 students each day, AND
-- Every student will have read at least one of my books prior to my arrival, either individually, or as a class.

My fee is $4,200 per day if you can commit to TWO of the parameters above.
My fee is $5,200 per day if you can only commit to ONE of the parameters.
My fee is $6,200 per day if you can’t commit to any of the parameters.

My fee includes ALL travel and hotel expenses, so there are no additional travel costs.

Some schools will split a day with another school in their district, cutting the fee in half for each school.  On occasion I’ll do three schools, cutting the fee to 1/3 per school.

If you only want me for  one or two days, you can still get the lower price if you bring  other schools in your area on board.  I would suggest that you put a notice out on your list serve and tell other schools you’ll be having me  visit.  That usually generates several more days, and I can build a trip around your school — and when I say “schools in your area” I mean that broadly.  A school that’s an hour’s drive is still considered “in your area,” as far as I’m concerned!

I do up to five  presentations per day (up to an hour in length each), and will sign as many books as I can fit in — usually up to 300.  On split days, I do two presentations at each school.  When there are three schools in a single day, I will do one presentation at each school. I can also do small group writing workshops of about 30 students after doing the large group presentations — it really depends on the needs of the school.

Here’s the link to my author visits page: http://www.storyman.com/authorvisits/

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Neal Shusterman

Website:  http://www.storyman.com
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Neal-Shusterman/75447650405