[CASL-L] New class added for Dec. 2: Tech Chat - An Introduction...to the Basics

Styles, Julie Julie.Styles at ct.gov
Thu Nov 21 09:50:21 PST 2013

Tech Chat - An Introduction...to the Basics<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=4793&rts=&disptype=&ret=eventcalendar.asp&pointer=&returnToSearch=&num=0&ad=&dt=mo&mo=12/1/2013&df=calendar&EventType=ALL&Lib=&AgeGroup=&LangType=0&WindowMode=&noheader=&lad=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=>

Want to gain more tech skills but don't know where to begin? Find that "Intro To" courses make you feel like you missed the first few sessions? In this informal, friendly, fun class, no question is too simple, no skills are required. What will we cover? That's up to you!

General topics we can chat about:
MS Office applications: Word, Excel, maybe even some PowerPoint!
Internet Everything
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
Email - from Gmail to Comcast to Outlook
Files: Saving, Printing, Attaching, Finding
Catalog searching
Catalog records: reading, editing, understanding
E-books and e-readers

Who do I think I am? I am no tech geek - that is for sure. But I do have several years experience using (and helping others use) MS Office applications, the Internet, email, social media, PCs, Macs, printers, scanners, e-readers, iPhones, integrated library systems, MARC records, OCLC, and web design software. I am usually up to date on all the Cool New Things that pop up, but I also remember how to use a typewriter, an eight-track player, and a rotary phone. If I don't have an answer to your questions, I will find someone who does.

After you register, I will ask you to send me your questions - no matter how simple or silly they may seem. I will address them in the class anonymously, and the whole group will benefit.

Click here to register.<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=4793&rts=&disptype=&ret=eventcalendar.asp&pointer=&returnToSearch=&num=0&ad=&dt=mo&mo=12/1/2013&df=calendar&EventType=ALL&Lib=&AgeGroup=&LangType=0&WindowMode=&noheader=&lad=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=>

Julie Styles
Continuing Education/Professional Development Coordinator
CT State Library Division of Library Development
Middletown Library Services Center
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT 06457
860.704.2206
www.ctstatelibrary.org
www.facebook.com/CSLDLD
Twitter: @csldld