[CASL-L] NoodleTools & Google Apps

Yulo-medeiros, Julie jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us
Thu Nov 21 10:55:40 PST 2013

I've been trying since September to have our district's Google Apps for education account work with NoodleTools. NoodleTools was very helpful with identifying the problem. Basically the domain policy (Google) has disabled third-party Drive apps. See below for more specifics if you wish. Now my IT department is telling me that we can't connect to NoodleTools because our Google Apps account is free. This is where I need your help.

*         Please let me know if you have a paid version of NoodleTools and students can access their Google Docs right from NoodleTools?

*         Do you know how you are your IT department made this work?

*         Do you have a paid or free version of Google Apps for Education?

*         Any other thoughts or comments that might help solve this problem will be appreciated.

Ugh! I'm completely frustrated!
Thanks for your input,
Julie

Note from NoodleTools about the problem connecting to Google Apps:
I had my tech lead take a look at this, and he was able to view the error showing the root cause:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_ServiceException' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2/apps: (403) The domain policy has disabled third-party Drive apps'
This is something that you need to show your Google Apps administrator, because it indicates that your Google Apps configuration is currently set up not to allow third-party apps (i.e. NoodleTools) from accessing Google Docs. You can also pass him these information links on the topic:
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=162106
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2537800

Julie Yulo-Medeiros
School Librarian