[CASL-L] iCONN - MedlinePlus, SeniorHealth and PubMed

Sullivan, William F William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov
Tue Oct 1 06:51:47 PDT 2013

Dear CASL Members,
The attached letter has been sent electronically to all public library directors, and has also been mailed via CCar to all public library directors along with a sample packet of promotional materials which libraries can order online or download for local printing.  These are now the primary health information resources that we are promoting through iCONN.org.  As explained in the attached cover letter from Dawn La Valle, we are able to provide this information through a partnership with the National Network of Libraries, New England Region.  Also included in the package is a description  of the services of Healthnet:  Connecticut Consumer Health Information Network at the University of Connecticut Health Center Library.  We are also planning to schedule webinars on these services (MedlinePlus, PubMed and reference interviewing) in January but have already posted training resources online, as described in the attached letter.

Although the primary focus of this outreach has been public libraries, the same promotional materials are also freely available to school libraries, either via online ordering or local printing, using the links provided in the attached letter, and this information could also be useful to school nurses.

Regards,
Bill

William Sullivan, Administrator
iCONN.org - Connecticut's re-search engine
Connecticut State Library
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT  06457
William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov<mailto:William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov>
www.iconn.org<http://www.iconn.org/> - www.twitter.com/iCONN<http://www.twitter.com/iCONN>
www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.cslib.org/> - www.facebook.com/CSLDLD<http://www.facebook.com/CSLDLD>
p:  860-704-2230 or 888-256-1222 (toll-free in CT)
f:  860-704-2228