[CASL-L] Back by popular demand! Tech Tools: Evernote Basics & Productivity Tools

Styles, Julie Julie.Styles at ct.gov
Tue Oct 22 10:34:54 PDT 2013

Back by popular demand! Tech Tools: Evernote Basics & Productivity Tools

At the Middletown Library Services Center:
Date: 12/11/2013
Start Time: 9:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
 Evernote is an amazing tool for keeping track of everything you might
otherwise lose track of. At its simplest, it's a great note-taking
tool. But that's just the start. With browser and app add-ons, you
can clip web content directly into Evernote, save the full text of
articles and web pages complete with sections highlighted, email
notes and content from multiple devices, store documents, take video
notes, record audio and more. And that's just the free version. With
the premium version you can store text searchable PDF files and more.
It really can be your external brain!

Best of all, Evernote synchronizes with all your computers and
portable devices, giving you access to your notes everywhere. Content
can be organized into notebooks that are private or shared with
others as need be. Notes can be tagged with your own keywords to
help you find content later.

In this workshop we'll delve into Evernote and its family of
products that includes Clearly, Skitch and Evernote Food. We'll also
look at how other productivity apps, like IFTTT, Google Reader and
more, can interact with Evernote. If you have a smartphone and/or
tablet, bring them with you so you can explore tools for your
devices. We'll also be working on PCs in the computer lab.

If you don't already have an Evernote account, please sign up for
the free service before the workshop, so we can dive right into
working with the tools. https://www.evernote.com/

Location: Middletown Library Service Center Computer Lab
Other Information:
Fee: $45 - Directions: Middletown Library Service Center<http://www.ctstatelibrary.org/locations/middletown-library-service-center>
Contact: Julie Styles<mailto:julie.styles at ct.gov>
Contact Number: 860-704-2206
Presenter: Polly-Alida Farrington
Link:

Click here for more information and to register<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=4758&rts=&disptype=&ret=eventcalendar.asp&pointer=&returnToSearch=&num=0&ad=&dt=mo&mo=12/1/2013&df=calendar&EventType=ALL&Lib=&AgeGroup=&LangType=0&WindowMode=&noheader=&lad=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=>

Julie Styles
Continuing Education/Professional Development Coordinator
CT State Library Division of Library Development
Middletown Library Services Center
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT 06457
860.704.2206
www.ctstatelibrary.org
www.facebook.com/CSLDLD
Twitter: @csldld