[CASL-L] 24th Annual Children's Book Illustration Exhibit

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 31 22:05:35 PDT 2013

FYI, see message below. Not an
endorsement, just a heads up to what looks like a great children’s author
& illustrator event.

R. Michelson Galleries
is proud to announce the

The 24th Annual
Children's Book Illustration Exhibit

November 10th, 2013 - January 15th, 2014
Opening Reception: November 10th from 4-6 pm

See more photos from our 23rd annual exhibition

Celebrate with us! Twenty-four years of exhibiting the finest in original
Children's Book Art.Our artists have garnered an astounding
12 Caldecott Medalsand 29 Caldecott Honor Awards.

Opening reception on Sunday, November 10, 4:00-6:00 pm. Ceremony and entertainment begins at 5:00.
Exhibit on view through January 15th 2014.

24 reasons to come to our 24th Annual Illustration Exhibit

	1. Because Jon J Muth will be here exhibiting his original watercolors
from the NY Times Bestselling Poems to Learn by Heart by Caroline Kennedy.
	1. Because Marc Brownwill be here exhibiting his newest watercolors from Marc Brown's Playtime Rhymes.
	2. Because Barry Moserhas a new book of cat poems by Patty MacLachlan and you will fall in love with every one of those cats. And because Kathy Brownalso has a new book with Patty MacLachlan. It's about making friends and here is your chance to make friends with Kathy and Patty.
	3. Because Jane Dyer will be exhibiting her illustrations for Jane Yolen's Wee Rhymes and her illustrative collaboration with Brooke Dyer for Maria Modugno's Santa Claus and the Three Bears.
	4. Because we just led with 4 POETRY titles, and we know you love poetry.
	5. Because we will have a special video presentation by our Paris  correspondent, Mo Willems.
	6. Because Norton Juster will be presenting Leonard Marcus with the sixth annual Reader to Reader Norton Juster Award for service to the world of Children's Literature (and can you think of anyone more deserving? We couldn't either).
	7. Because we'll be screening the video for Neil Waldman's new book Al and Teddy, and proceeds help support the Dolan Academy, which is sending disadvantaged young artists to college.
	8. Because we are handling the estate of N.M. Bodecker and the drawings are AMAZING. This will be the first opportunity to own Bodecker drawings.
	9. Because Tom Wartenberg will be here signing his book A Sneech is a Sneech and other philosophical discoveries, and you will learn the philosophical precepts behind Mo's Pigeon, and Seuss' Sneech.
	10. Because it is only a short 8 mile drive to our good friends at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art where you can meet
Chris Van Allsburgearlier in the day (and because Chris might just be making a surprise appearance at our gallery-but don't tell anyone.)
	1. Because Barbara McClintock will answer the age old question, Where's Mommy if you ask her. And she can also tell you about the presentation/concert she has coming up soon with singer Natalie Merchant at the Eric  Carle Museum .
	2. Because Rebecca Guay's one-woman exhibition is still going on in our upstairs gallery and it is not to be missed.
	3. Because there will be a rare opportunity to view and purchase original artwork by Eric Carle, Maurice Sendak, Alice Provensen, Ezra Jack Keats and Tomie dePaola and  Trina Schart Hyman.
	4. Because we represent the Estate of Dr. Seuss and we will tell you about his very own original hat collection coming to our gallery next spring.
	5. Because art from  Diane deGroat's 3rd book written by NY Times gazillion selling author Ree Drummond, Charlie Goes to School is on view, as well as Scott Fischer's Scary School book covers.
	6. Because Caldecott winning artist Mordicai Gerstein just might win his 2nd Caldecott with The First Drawing and because 2X Caldecott winning artist Nonny Hogrogian has a brand new book starring One Fine Day's fox -- 41 years after her last appearance in a Caldecott-winning book.
	7. Because you can have the perfect weekend holiday by viewing Wendell Minor's exhibition Wendell Minor's America -- 25 Years of Children's Book Art at the Norman Rockwell Museum Saturday in Stockbridge, and then visit us to see the original art from his latest book collaboration with Florence Minor.
	8. Because we will be exhibiting the winning illustrations from the 2013 SCBWI-New England Conference (if you haven't joined SCBWI, you should!) poster contest winner David Bird.
	9. Because nobody paints horses like Ruth Sanderson. And because we will have new work on view by E. B. Lewis, Raul Colón, Kadir Nelson, andScott Fischer.
	10. Because Jarrett J Krosoczka's new book Peanut Butter and Jellyfish isn't released until next year, but you can meet these two good friends at our gallery now. And because G. Brian Karas' book Tap Tap Boom Boom with Elizabeth Bluemle isn't released until next year and you can get a sneak preview now.
	11. Because where else can you see original drawings by Raul Colón, E.B. Lewis, David Hyde Costello, Kadir Nelson, Tony DiTerlizzi, Chris Raschka and Jules Feiffer in one room.
	12. Because you missed last year's party and all your friends have told you what an amazing time they had.
	13. Because you were at last year's party and had a great time meeting more than 50 of the illustrators and writers behind your favorite children's books... and you can't wait for this year's celebration.

Plus we'll have surprise guests and more!

The Eric Carle Museumwill be on hand with books for your favorite authors and illustrators to sign (please -- no books brought in -- buy your books here and help support the Carle Museum ).

Any one of these reasons should be reason enough to come, but 24 reasons together means you have no excuse not to be here.

The exhibit will be on view from November 10 until January 15.
Click here to see more Children's Illustration works...

About R. Michelson Galleries

For over 35 years, R. Michelson Galleries has been acknowledged as a leader in discovering and nurturing the careers of many of our country's best known figurative artists. Art originally exhibited in our galleries now hangs in many of the most prestigious museums in America , including New York 's Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and the Art Institute of Chicago. We are proud to be the first American art gallery to feature the art of children's book illustration alongside and on an equal footing with the more traditional fine arts. R. Michelson Galleries is located in Northampton , Massachusetts , the #1 art town in America , in which "the most prominent visual arts space is R. Michelson Galleries."
--John Villani, The 100 Best  Small Art  Towns in America

R. MICHELSON GALLERIES
132 Main Street
Northampton , MA 01060

WEBSITE
www.RMichelson.com

CONTACT
Richard Michelson
RM at RMichelson.com
Paul Gulla
PG at RMichelson.com

PHONE
413.586.3964

HOURS
Mon-Wed 10-6, Thu-Sat 10-9, Sun 12-5

Sent by:
events at RMichelson.com

Forward this email

This email was sent to ljcoviello at comcast.net by events at rmichelson.com |
Update Profile/Email Address |Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |Privacy Policy.
R. Michelson Galleries| 132 Main Street| Northampton| MA| 01060

Recent Activity: 	* New Members 8
Visit Your Group
Addresses:
Post a message: MSLAmembers at yahoogroups.com