[CASL-L] windows movie maker

Carol LaRow larowc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 09:57:52 PDT 2013

 Jean,

Few suggestions:

   - When you took the music from iTunes to the music folder, did you get
   the "original," not the alias
   - Make sure you find the original in iTunes library
   - when you have iTunes open, right click on a music title and look for
   "show in finder"
   - get that copy of the music
   - also, be sure you've converted to an mp3
   - I believe the music might be in a different file format (Mac format
   m4a); that may be why you are having difficulty once you get it into
   - If you are taking it into Windows Movie Maker, using Mac format,
   Windows won't convert
   - Also don't do any drag and drop; use the import commands to bring it
   in properly

I haven't used Windows Movie Maker in about 4 years, but I don't believe it
can read m4a, unless Microsoft has made some updates

Carol LaRow

*Apple Distinguished Educator*
*Google Certified Trainer*
*Google Certified Teacher*
*Google Apps For Education Regional Leader, Eastern States*
*Smithsonian Laurate*

Dr. Jean Lowery jean.lowery at gmail.com
via<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=1311182>
 mylist.net
Aug 30 (11 days ago)
 to casl-l
 I made a short movie in movie maker and found some music from creative
commons I wanted to use with it.  I downloaded the music to itunes and then
moved it into a shared music folder on my computer.  I inserted it into the
windows movie maker slideshow and BAM the slideshow would no longer play.
 Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what I should be doing differently?
 Thanks - Jean

--
Jean Lowery, MLS, Ph.D.