[CASL-L] The social side of the conference

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 14:33:53 PST 2014

Hi friends!  Welcome back from your winter break!

The NESLA pre-conference and  MSLA conference is less than two weeks away and we hope you don't miss it.  We've had lots of posts about the speakers and sessions at the conference, but there is another aspect, which to many, is just as important - the opportunity to network and just kick back and hang out with our colleagues.

Don't overlook these opportunities:
Saturday Social - March 8 at 6pm - appetizers and cash bar in the lounge at the Hyannis Resort and Conference Center - $15 tickets must be purchased in advance.

Job-Alikes - during lunch on Sunday, March 9th - group yourselves however you'd like and enjoy some time to talk informally with others who work at the same level or have similar interests

Exhibit Hall opening - Sunday, March 9 - 4-6pm - meet authors one-on-one and get them to sign your books, have a cocktail and enjoy appetizers with friends, browse the exhibits and check out the vendor displays, make new friends and meet new colleagues

Awards Dinner - Sunday at 6pm - Congratulate outstanding colleagues, be wowed by the amazing Dr. Lisa Genova and enjoy a delicious buffet dinner - bring a guest if you'd like. $30 tickets must be purchased in advance.

Monday lunch - grab a boxed lunch and find a corner to chat with a colleague, or take your lunch to the exhibit hall for a "chat and chew" with a vendor.

If you haven't already, you can register online right up until the opening of the conference.

And don't forget, if you really want to pack your weekend with professional development, NESLA is holding a pre-conference on Saturday, March 8. See the MSLA website for all the details.

See you in Hyannis!

---
Kathy Lowe, Executive Director
Massachusetts School Library Association
PO Box 658
Lunenburg, MA 01462
klowe at maschoolibraries.org
Phone/fax: 978-582-6967

AASL Lesson Plan Database Lead Moderator
Addresses:
Post a message: MSLAmembers at yahoogroups.com
Visit Your Group

• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use