[CASL-L] Katie Milway Smith at the 2014 MSLA Conference

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 28 17:27:47 PST 2014

FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Linda Coviello <ljcoviello at comcast.net>
To: MSLAmembers at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:01 PM
Subject: [MSLAmembers] Katie Milway Smith at the 2014 MSLA Conference

Hi all,

Hope you all plan to join us at the MSLA
Conference in Hyannis
March 9 & 10. If you are still on the fence, check out presenter Katie
Milway Smith’s awesome website and her book “One Hen”, based
on a touching true story of a young African boy. This is truly a “global
village” book; it has a strong community message and introduces the concept
of microfinance to our young readers. I saw Katie speak at the Foundation for
Children’s Literature last year and she was so inspiring. You won’t
want to miss it!
http://www.onehen.org/

Katie also has a new book out, “The
Good Garden”, raising awareness and connecting activities to reduce the
global food crisis.
http://www.thegoodgarden.org/index.php

Both websites are just bursting with lessons,
ideas and links to help engage your students and communities. I am seriously
considering using one (or both!) of these books for our Summer Reading program
this year. If you haven’t registered for the conference yet, click here:
http://maschoolibraries.org/content/view/1195/791/

Hope you will join us!!!

Linda
J. Coviello
LaneSchool  Librarian
66 Sweetwater Ave.
Bedford, MA 01730
781-275-7606

It is not
books you need, it's some of the things that are in books. The magic is only in
what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one
garment for us.”
― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Addresses:
Post a message: MSLAmembers at yahoogroups.com