[CASL-L] Webinar at 4pm today: Secondary Literacy Everywhere! Resources and strategies for strengthening literacy in ALL content areas

Christine Sarrazin csarrazin at ctlibrarians.org
Tue Jan 14 07:56:59 PST 2014

Greetings!

CLC is partnering with Britannica Digital Learning to offer discounted products and professional development webinars to CLC member schools.

This afternoon (Tuesday 1/14) at 4pm, Britannica is offering the following live webinar:
Secondary Literacy Everywhere! Resources and strategies for strengthening literacy in ALL content areas

To register - https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/370228224  (your school does not need to be a CLC member for you to participate)

Description: All secondary teachers, regardless of the subject area they teach, are now also considered literacy teachers. In this webinar we will focus on digital resources that provide engaging, complex informational text at multiple levels alongside features to support the range of abilities and learning styles in every classroom. We will highlight easy to use, effective strategies to support students as they read, evaluate, analyze, compare informational texts, multimedia, primary source documents and more.

The webinar is being repeated tomorrow morning, Wednesday 1/15 at 7:15am.  To register - https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/126691736

To learn more about the Britannica Digital Learning products offered at a discount to CLC member schools, visit http://corporate.eb.com/clc/.

Products include:
Britannica Online School Edition (PreK-12)
Britannica Image Quest (PreK-12)
Britannica SmartMath Practice (PreK-8)
Britannica Pathways: Science (6-8)
Britannica eBooks (PreK-12)