[CASL-L] White House Contest for K-12 students

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 15 10:02:16 PST 2014

FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Susan Ballard <sdballard at comcast.net>
To: Aaslforum <aaslforum at ala.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:01 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] White House Contest for K-12 students

So sorry for the late notice (deadline is 1/29)  and I apologize if this info has already been shared with the list and I missed it!   I suspect that many of you may already have wonderful student-produced videos in place that relate to the effective use of tech in schools (although they must have been created  after 11/25/13) so you may be interested in encouraging your students to submit them to the first-ever White House Student Film Festival.  This is a video contest created just for K-12 students, and finalists will have their work shown at the White House. Finalist videos may also be featured on the White House website, YouTube channel, and social media pages. The White House is looking for student-created videos that highlight the power of technology in schools and that address: (1) how you currently use technology in your classroom or school and (2) the role technology will play in education in the future. Details and to
 apply: http://www.whitehouse.gov/filmfestival

Good luck!

Susan D. Ballard
Immediate Past-President, American Association of School Librarians
http://www.ala.org/aasl/
Adjunct Faculty, Simmons GSLIS Instructional Technology Licensure
http://www.simmons.edu/itl