[CASL-L] Long term substitute

Elaine Lettiere lettieree at prestonschools.org
Wed Jan 29 18:11:13 PST 2014

Hi everyone.

My daughter's elementary school, Deans Mill Elementary in Stonington, CT
has just posted a full time library substitute position for the remainder
of the 2014 school year.  It is a K-4 elementary school.

Deans Mill School has not had a certified LMS in at least 4 years.  The
permanent position has been listed  in the past as a .4 position and they
have struggled to fill it.  The library catalog has not been upgraded to an
electronic system and the old school card catalog has been discarded.  It
is definitely a library in need of some TLC but in a lovely community
school.  Any one filling this position should be poised to spend a great
deal of time working on entering the current collection into a electronic
database and I have a feeling doing a great deal of weeding.

There is a possibility that this could roll into a full time permanent
position split between Deans Mill and an elementary school across town.
 That is all subject to the town budget process.

If you know anyone qualified who is interested, please encourage them to
apply.

--
Elaine Lettiere
School Librarian