[CASL-L] This fall - Leadership, Grant Writing, and Project Management: Essential Skills for today's library leaders

Styles, Julie Julie.Styles at ct.gov
Wed Jul 23 12:06:02 PDT 2014

The Connecticut State Library is very excited to announce two new programs:

Leadership Workshop Series
Join us for a series of workshops designed to help you build and develop your leadership skills
Topics Include:

*        Managing Library Partnerships

*        Budgeting & Financial Management

*        Human Resources

*        Capital Planning

*        Customer Service

*        Children's Services

*        Public Library Management

*        And more!

Affirming Our Mission: a Grant and Program Management Workshop
Writing a winning grant is only one part of creating successful programs at your library. At this half-day workshop, we will look at research conducted comparing the role of libraries to the experiences of librarians, and walk you through the process of creating a successful grant-funded project. 2015-16 LSTA Grants will be announced in November. While not required, this workshop is an essential first step to writing a winning grant.

Both programs are happening this fall.

Visit our CE Calendar for more information and to register: evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp>

Julie Styles
Professional Development Coordinator
CT State Library | Division of Library Development
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT 06457
860.704.2206
julie.styles at ct.gov<mailto:julie.styles at ct.gov>
New! LibGuides: http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/
Events Calendar<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp>: evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp<http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp>