[CASL-L] Western Mass Movie Night cancelled!

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 12:17:54 PDT 2014

FYI

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:38 PM, "Chani Craig chani.craig at gmrsd.org [MSLAmembers]" <MSLAmembers at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Happy Wednesday,

Since we have not had many response to attend this Friday’s planned movie night (not a big surprise at the end of another busy school year) the area directors have decided to cancel the Friday night movie outing and suggest that you consider attending the movie The Fault in Our Stars this Thursday night, at 7:00pm at Tower Theater, with the Odyssey Book Shop’s YA Book Club (see posting below).

Side Note: I’ll definitely be there because I can’t resist the opportunity to check out the movie with their YA Book Club (thanks, Claudia, for letting us know about it). Hope to see some of you there too!

Thanks and good luck with your last weeks of school. You can do it!

Leslie, Michelle, and Chani

Odyssey's YA Book Lovers

Upcoming Events!

Thursday, June 12th, 6pm,
Young Adult Book Club For Adults!
Join us for our monthly Young Adult Book Club For Adults. This month is the one year anniversary of our first meeting! In celebration we will be discussing
The Fault In Our Stars, eating snacks and going on a field trip to watch the movie at Tower Theaters in South Hadley.
We suggest everyone pre-order their tickets to the movie so we are all guaranteed seats. We are seeing the
7:00pmshowing ofThe Fault In Our Stars on
June 12th.
Click Here to Pre-Order Tickets

Saturday, June 14th, 4pm,
Young Adult Author Panel
Join us for our monthly Young Adult Author Panel Event Series! This month we are so pleased to welcome three fantastic authors! Free giveaways, raffle prizes and advanced reading copy distribution always accompanies these great events!

Cammie McGovern- Say What You Will

John Green'sThe Fault in Our Stars meets Rainbow Rowell'sEleanor & Park in this beautifully written, incredibly honest, and emotionally poignant novel. Cammie McGovern's insightful young adult debut is a heartfelt and heartbreaking story about how we can all feel lost until we find someone who loves us because of our faults, not in spite of them.
Born with cerebral palsy, Amy can't walk without a walker, talk without a voice box, or even fully control her facial expressions. Plagued by obsessive-compulsive disorder, Matthew is consumed with repeated thoughts, neurotic rituals, and crippling fear. Both in desperate need of someone to help them reach out to the world, Amy and Matthew are more alike than either ever realized.

Cammie McGovern is the author of three adult novels,
The Art of Seeing,Eye Contact, andNeighborhood Watch. Her highly anticipated young adult debut,Say What You Will, will be published by HarperTeen in June, 2014.

Amanda Maciel- Tease

From debut author Amanda Maciel comes a provocative and unforgettable novel, inspired by real-life incidents, about a teenage girl who faces criminal charges for bullying after a classmate commits suicide.

With its powerful narrative, unconventional point of view, and strong anti-bullying theme, this coming-of-age story offers smart, insightful, and nuanced views on high school society, toxic friendships, and family relationships.

Amanda Maciel has worked in book publishing since graduating from Mount Holyoke College and is currently a senior editor at Scholastic. She spends her free time writing, running, or riding the subway with her young son. She lives with him, her husband, and their cat, Ruby, in Brooklyn, New York. Tease is her first novel.

A.C. Gaughen- Scarlet

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance.
Posing as one of Robin Hood's thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in.
It's only her fierce loyalty to Robin-whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her-that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

 To RSVP please call the Odyssey!

Questions?  Call the Odyssey Bookshop at 413-534-7307or email kids at odysseybks.com.

Hannah Moushabeck
Odyssey Bookshop
Children's Department Director

Odyssey Bookshop
9 College Street
The Village Commons
South Hadley, MA 01075
413- 534-7307
www.odysseybks.com

We are now on Twitter! Follow us for all your Young Adult needs.

Forward email

This email was sent to cchpalframan at gmail.com by kids at odysseybks.com  |
Update Profile/Email Address |Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |Privacy Policy.
Odyssey Bookshop| 9 College Street| The Village Commons| South Hadley| MA| 01075

Chani Craig
Turners Falls High School/Great Falls Middle School Librarian
413-863-7217

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
-Dr. Seuss, I Can Read with my Eyes Shut

 IMPORTANT NOTICE: E-mails are open, public documents. Transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden. If confidentiality is an issue, use another means of communication.