[CASL-L] Link to Library Advocacy Sarah Darer Littman

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 14 05:55:38 PDT 2014

Hi Folks:  To All of you that contacted Ms. Littman and others interested in her efforts,
here is the link to her Friday article:
http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/oped_college_career_and_democracy_ready_not_without_a_trained_librarian/

Thank you for participating in these advocacy efforts.

Ms. Littman asked me to let you all know that she is still being contacted by librarians in CT,  and also,  to those of you who may not have been quoted in the current article…. she will be writing more articles and may use your information in one of those - in fact, the link to this article was forwarded  to Carolyn Sun, news editor at SLJ and Ms. Sun contacted Ms. Littman to contribute to SLJ…...so Ms. Littman is now working on a 1000 word article for SLJ on the situation at the National level.

Way to go…
FYI, this advocacy is continuing at the national level - the topic was also raised on the AASL forum and the request has been made for an addition to the agenda at the Affiliate Assembly meetings at the end of the month at ALA.
CASL will be participating at the AASL affiate assembly meetings and Mary Ellen Minichiello, CASL President, Jane Martellino, CASL VP-Intern and I will keep CASL Members informed in our Annual Report.

Shelley Stedman, MLS
Vice President
Connecticut Association of School Librarians
Check out the upcoming CECA/CASL conference and register at: http://conta.cc/1meCc5U