[CASL-L] How to Develop an Emergency Preparedness Plan - 2 more dates and locations added

Styles, Julie Julie.Styles at ct.gov
Sat Mar 22 03:29:46 PDT 2014

We've added two new dates and locations for our program: How to Develop an Emergency Preparedness Plan.

We know all too well how important it is to be prepared for an emergency, but where to begin? Join us on April 21 and May 5 when DLD Director Dawn LaValle will discuss the steps involved in writing an emergency preparedness plan for your library.

Attendees will learn the basics of developing an emergency plan for their libraries, what information to gather for the plan, how to assess the emergency evacuation needs of your library, how to develop actual procedures, and the essential information to include in plan- chain of command, assembly points, walkthroughs, training and drills. We will also teach you how to foster relationships with emergency responders and other key town departments.