[CASL-L] Formal Observation - School Librarian

Yulo-medeiros, Julie jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us
Mon Mar 24 10:07:42 PDT 2014

I'm scheduled to have a formal observation sometime between now and April 30th. Unfortunately, the computer labs are closed due to SBAC testing, I'm proctoring every day of the testing and we have an April vacation coming up. Teachers haven't booked any lessons yet for the week we arrive back from April vacation. I thought I made a pretty good suggestion about observing me at our next professional day ( March 26th) because I'm presenting four mini workshops to the teachers in my building. I told him he would be able to observe the five roles of a school librarian (can it get any better than that) but he stated that it had to be around students and student learning. Hmm... are teachers students? Do we want to promote lifelong learning? Will the teachers take back what they learned with me and use it with their students?

Questions for CASL:
Have any of you been able to have an observation that doesn't fit the traditional model of teacher and students (meaning students that are K-12)? What have you done and how did you make it work?

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions in advance.
Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros
School Librarian
Virtual High School Site Coordinator
Cromwell High School
34 Evergreen Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
860.632.4841 Ext: 14830
jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us<mailto:jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us>

I am currently reading Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt, Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. What are you reading?