[CASL-L] FWD from Goodnight Moon

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 17:30:55 PST 2014

Subject: [goodnightmoon] CLC's Children's and Teens Publishing Trends
presentation - Join us!
From: Caitlin Augusta <caitlinreads at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, November 24, 2014 1:27 pm
To: "discussion list for CT children's librarians"
<goodnightmoon at mylist.net>

Hi, everyone,

I'm not sure if everyone saw the original email(s), so forgive the duplication, but I wanted to draw everyone’s attention to the Children’s and Teen Publishing Trends presentation with Baker and Taylor and CLC on Friday, December 5th.  I personally am thrilled about this, because this type of event we could usually only have if we go to NYC, but Eric Throndsen from B&T is trying this one out in CT to see if they can host more events like this here for us.  If this one has good attendance (please register!), B&T may be able to bring more publishers and authors to CT free for all of us. Eric will be at the event to answer questions and collect feedback for future events. If you don't know him, Eric and B&T are Nutmeg Book Award sponsors, and they are so generous each year by donating books that we can all borrow from the service centers. You don't have to be from a B&T library to attend; it's open to everyone.

Give yourself a little winter treat, and join us! See in advance book and media titles that are due out next year (plus free stuff!). I know it's tough to get out of the library, but this is the type of program we all love - hearing about new books and even taking some home!

Did I mention there will be free giveaways?

Register here!
http://www.ctlibrarians.org/event/savvylibrarian14

Caitlin from Stratford Library (Can you tell I love new books!)