[CASL-L] Plug for Connected Librarian Day - Free Online PD: Many presenters including Michelle Luhtala

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:26:24 PDT 2014

Connected Librarian Day 2.014 Next Tuesday!. We're really excited about our special Library 2.014 preconference event for K-12 teacher librarians (and their fans), Connected Librarian Day on Tuesday October 7th from 3:30pm - 10pm US Eastern. This free, online event is sponsored by Follett and the Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries (CISSL) at Rutgers. Join us for special presentations by Heidi Neltner on "Your Stakeholder Connected Librarian Toolkit," Judy O'Connell on "Leadership in a connected age: change, challenge and productive chaos," Michelle Luhtala on "Flipped Learning and the Essential Tools to Get you There," Patrice Bryan & Darcy Coffta on "Schools' Vortex: Innovative Library Makerspaces," Matthew Winner & Sherry Gick on "When Sherry Met Matthew: Finding Your Educational Soulmate and Helping Kids to Rule the World," Jennifer LaGarde on "Imagining Library Spaces of the Future, Today," and special opening and closing sessions withBritten Follett, Ross Todd, Shannon Miller, and our preconference co-chair, Joyce Valenza. Check out http://connectedlibrarians.com/ for more information, and be sure to share with the librarians in your schools! You can use #cld14 to share your excitement about this event with your followers, and share or embed the Connected Librarian Day Flyer on your website or social media channels.