[CASL-L] you're invited--author event

Deborah Sharpe dsharpe at woodstockacademy.org
Thu Oct 2 07:21:11 PDT 2014

Hello fellow librarians,

I wanted to extend an invitation for you to visit our library for an author visit tomorrow evening at 6:00.

Michael Hingson, blind from birth, was in the North Tower of the World Trade Center when it was attacked on 9/11.  His guide dog, Roselle, led him down 78 flights of stairs to safety.  Michael is now a nationally renowned inspirational speaker.  His book, Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust, was a New York Times bestseller.

I am really looking forward to having Michael here to tell his amazing and inspirational story.  You do not need to buy or read the book, just show up and listen.  This is free and open to the public, so if you know of anyone else who might be interested, please spread the word!  The more the merrier.

He is also doing a PD workshop from 2:30-3:30 at our school that any/all people are welcome to attend.  The PD workshop will be focused on disability bias.  His evening presentation will focus on his experience on 9/11, trust, human-animal relationships, etc.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Perhaps you can join us and have a nice evening out here in the Quiet Corner of CT =)

We are located at 57 Academy Rd.  Woodstock, CT 06281

Enjoy your day,

Deb Sharpe

Library Director

Bracken Memorial Library

Woodstock Academy

57 Academy Rd.

Woodstock, CT 06281

860-928-0046

This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.