[CASL-L] Checking circulation status in reQuest

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Fri Oct 3 04:49:36 PDT 2014

Hello all,

When I am out doing training for library staff on reQuest I point out that you do have the ability to check the circ status of titles when you are in reQuest.  reQuest can do an ISBN search in your live circulation system (if your vendor supports it) and bring back the results.  Many do not seem to know this so I thought I'd pass along the information.

When you are looking at the list of libraries that own a title in reQuest, you may see a small red checkmark beside the library name.  Click on this to see the circulation status of the item.  You may also end up seeing the status of many libraries if they share a system as in the example below.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFDEDC.CDD714F0]

        [cid:image005.png at 01CFDEDD.4DE2C680]

                [cid:image004.jpg at 01CFDEDE.2FEDBFD0]

Hope this helps.

Gail

Gail Hurley
Statewide Library Catalog Coordinator, iCONN
Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library
Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
860-704-2222 or toll free in CT 888-256-1222
fax 860-704-2229