[CASL-L] FW: Connecticut State Library Press Release/Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Thu Oct 9 10:55:48 PDT 2014

Please spread the word about our newspaper digitization project, especially to the teachers and librarians needing and wanting to use local primary source materials with their students.  For more information about our newspaper digitization projects, visit the libguide we created at:  http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/newspapers .  I have links to sample topics and lesson plans on the main page of the libguide.

We are also looking for teachers, teachers-in-training, and/or graduate students who are interested in using these historic newspapers to create lesson plans and/or curricula that meet the Common Core standards.  If any of you are interested or know of people who are, please contact our project coordinator, Christine Gauvreau, at Christine.Gauvreau at ct.gov<mailto:Christine.Gauvreau at ct.gov> or 860-757-6525.

Thank you.

Gail

Gail Hurley
Statewide Library Catalog Coordinator, iCONN
Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library
Gail.Hurley at ct.gov<mailto:Gail.Hurley at ct.gov>
860-704-2222 or toll free in CT 888-256-1222
Fax 860-704-2228
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CSLDLD