[CASL-L] "Give me your best educational game" says the 8th grader...

Lynn Rappaport lynfo16 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:48:40 PDT 2014

Fellow Librains:

I was trying to get my 8th graders off of some stupid (yes stupid) online
game which is against school policy and trying to engage them with
educational games that would be cool enough for school.

I had a few things up my sleeve but they weren't buying it.

What's your best success with these video gamers when they have "free
computer time" in the lab?
I have had some success with code.org, the program that teaches coding in a
fun online game style format.

Lynn A. Rappaport, MLS
School Librarian
Clark School