[CASL-L] author visits

Deborah Sharpe dsharpe at woodstockacademy.org
Tue Sep 16 05:59:36 PDT 2014

Good morning,

We have 6 authors coming to our school this year.  All events are free and open to the public.  I thought I would share information on two upcoming events in case any of your faculty members, students, or friends are interested in attending.

Thursday, September 25 Senator Donald Williams will be speaking about his new book Prudence Crandall's Legacy: The Fight for Equality in the 1830s, Dred Scott, and Brown v. Board of Education.

Friday, October 3 inspirational speaker and author Mike Hingson will be speaking at 6:00.  Blind from birth, Mike was in the north tower of the World Trade Center when it was attacked on 9/11.  His guide dog, Roselle, got him down 78 flights of stairs to safety.  He has appeared on most major TV networks, and tours the country speaking about 9/11, trust, animal-human relationships, and life with a disability.

If you know of anyone who is interested, please feel free to spread the word.

?

Thanks and have a great day!!

Deb Sharpe

Bracken Memorial Library

Woodstock Academy

57 Academy Rd.

Woodstock, CT 06281

860-928-0046

This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.