[CASL-L] e-book providers

John Crowley johncrowley3 at icloud.com
Tue Sep 16 07:48:14 PDT 2014

Hi Dawn,
Before I retired, last June, I moved Joel Barlow High School to EBSCO’s Discovery Service.  The advantage of this service is that they will allow you to use the subscription data base model with ebooks.  For collections of ebooks targeted to, in our case, the high school curriculum, an unlimited number of students could access the same ebook.  Also, it allows the ebook chapters to appear in the standard search results list, along with magazines, journals, and other media.  It turns the search process into a Google-like experience.   You can “lease” different collection of ebooks or purchase individual titles.  I understand that Boston College High School has a lot of experience with this service.
Good luck.

John Crowley
johncrowley3 at icloud.com
J.D. Crowley Consulting