[CASL-L] Fwd: [Conntech] Important Message from the CLA Legislative Committee - Go Libraries!!!!!

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 05:34:51 PDT 2015

Please help if you can and forward!

Colleagues, Thanks again for all of your support with the rally!!!  We need your help once again.  Bobby Shea has informed us that there is talk that the Approps. Committee will release their revised budget at the end of the week. We have to continue with writing letters and sending emails to our legislators to ask them to restore Library Funding. Please keep up the good work and encourage those that have not contacted their legislators to do so now!!!! Go Libraries!!!!!

Thanks, Carl Antonucci - CLA Legislative Committee

Message from CLA Lobbyist Bobby Shea

The Rally on Wednesday is the best rally that I have seen in my 20 years hanging around the State Capitol. You folks are total rock stars!  Some follow-up issues:

1.       I wrote hand-written notes to the following key legislators who spoke at our rally:  I suggest that the librarians do the same (emails are ok, but handwritten notes are the best!):

The snail-mailing address here is:  Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Ave., Hartford, CT 06106.

**Rep. Andrew Fleischmann, West Hartford: Andrew.fleischmann at cga.ct.gov<mailto:Andrew.fleischmann at cga.ct.gov> (Andrew scheduled the rally and the room for us.  Although Andrew could not attend the rally; he is our best friend in the Building).

Senator Tony Hwang, Fairfield:   tony.hwang at cga.ct.gov<mailto:tony.hwang at cga.ct.gov>

Senator Ted Kennedy, Jr., Branford/Guilford/Madison:  kennedy at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:kennedy at senatedems.ct.gov>

Rep. Gail Lavielle, Darien, Norwalk:  gail.lavielle at housegop.ct.gov<mailto:gail.lavielle at housegop.ct.gov>

Rep. Devin Carney, Old Saybrook:  devin.carney at housegop.ct.gov<mailto:devin.carney at housegop.ct.gov>

Rep. Hilda Santiago, Meriden:  hilda.santiago at cga.ct.gov<mailto:hilda.santiago at cga.ct.gov>

Rep. Phil Miller, Essex/Deep River:  Philip.miller at cga.ct.gov<mailto:Philip.miller at cga.ct.gov>

Rep. John Hampton, Simsbury:  john.hampton at cga.ct.gov<mailto:john.hampton at cga.ct.gov>

In addition, ALL of the librarians and library board members from West Hartford/Bloomfield/Farmington/Burlington and New Haven should immediately write/email to the co-chairs of the Appropriations Committee who are deciding within the next week or so whether to reinstate some of our funding!

Senator Beth Bye, West Hartford, Bloomfield, Farmington, Burlington:  bye at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:bye at senatedems.ct.gov>

Rep. Toni Walker, New Haven:  toni.walker at cga.ct.gov<mailto:toni.walker at cga.ct.gov>

GO LIBRARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheazo