[CASL-L] Video question

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:01:29 PST 2015

Hi

I am in an elementary school that has a large non fiction VHS collection. Our school’s technology has made those obsolete.   It is a daunting task to replace this video content with DVDs, so I purchased a subscription to Discovery Education.  However, I have had complaints from teachers that those videos are outdated.   Do you have any suggestions for economical, varied, up to date video material?  The needs extend beyond our curriculum; for example, today a teacher wanted to follow up on a TFK article about whaling in Japan.  I would also welcome suggestions about what to do with the old videocassettes.

Thank you

Elaine Shapiro, LMS
Broad Brook School
Broad Brook CT 06016