[CASL-L] one book one school

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:34:39 PDT 2015

We are doing One School One Book for the second year in a row.  Last year we read Mouse and the Motorcycle and are gearing up for Kenny and the Dragon this year.  We are a preK-4 school, although I'm not sure how many preK families read the book last year.  We give every family a copy of the book.  Last year we announced a clue every morning for a week, and revealed the title on Friday.  About a month later we had a very successful family night.  Very well attended, kids came in costume as their favorite characters, and we had various stations with activities, some literary, some art.  This year we will give parents a guide, for reading so many chapters per week, and teachers will read some chapters in class.

Elaine Shapiro
Broad Brook School