[CASL-L] Computer Science lessons for elementary/middle

Lynn Rappaport lynfo16 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 06:27:30 PDT 2015

Hello collective "Li-brain,"

Backstory: Our library/media program for 5-8 has been reduced  to a
"library" consisting of tablets on a COW,  since Clark Elementary was
closed in Hartford
<http://foxct.com/2015/02/05/clark-elementary-to-remain-closed-the-rest-of-the-year-due-to-chemicals/>
due to PCB contamination. There is no physical library for these students
to visit. Thankfully we *just* got smart boards installed in several
classes - so at least I can use those.

Question: Do you have lesson plan sites to recommend  for  teaching basic
computer skills?

Students  love code.org  - and  I took the related day long  course and
have all of the lesson plans. I did find  this Free Technology Training
website <http://www.gcflearnfree.org/technology> which looks really good
too.

Thanks in advance,

Lynn A. Rappaport, MLS