[CASL-L] Can anyone remember the title of this book?

Michelle Luhtala mluhtala at me.com
Wed May 20 18:47:35 PDT 2015

Excerpt of conversation with my mom:

"That book is haunting me, I have gone through my books several times and
cannot figure it out. It is haunting me because of the last scene when the
adopted adult woman is on the beach in the African country she came from
and which her two adoptive mothers (I think) took her on vacation, she is
left  alone and realizes she is in trouble and there is nothing she can do
about it…. does that ring a bell????"

I think it had a yellow jacket, and it might have won an Alex, but I can't
remember when.