[CASL-L] Fwd: [Conntech] Legislative Update From CLA Lobbyist Bobby Shea

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 13:25:23 PDT 2015

-------- Original message --------
From: "Antonucci, Carl (Library)" <antonucci at ccsu.edu>
Date: 05/26/2015  12:21 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: "'Conntech at mylist.net' (Conntech at mylist.net)" <Conntech at mylist.net>, ccaldlist at googlegroups.com
Subject: [Conntech] Legislative Update From CLA Lobbyist Bobby Shea

Colleagues, Please send this update to other library listservs. The list provided below is of the key decision makers that should be contacted.   Thanks, Carl Antonucci – CLA Legislative Committee Message from CLA Lobbyist Bobby Shea: GO LIBRARIES!! I just ran into a Senate Budget staffer at Whole Foods. She tells me that no final decisions about Budget cuts have yet been made, so we still  have to fight hard to SUPPORT the Appropriations Committee’s  reinstatement of funding for our programs. During the next couple of weeks, these are the folks who will be in the room making the final decisions on taxes and spending.  It will be great if everyone in the room says:  “WOW!!!! WE ARE HEARING FROM LIBRARY SUPPORTERS THROUGHOUT THE STATE!!  WE REALLY NEED TO SUPPORT LIBRARY FUNDING  !! “ The following key decision-makers should be contacted as frequently as possible by as many different people as possible during the next 2-3 weeks.  We don’t have to be overly sensitive about where folks live; although ideally, it would be really cool if Jeff Berger hears mostly from Waterbury residents and Beth Bye hears mostly from West Hartford residents, etc. AGAIN, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE CAN GET THE STUDENTS/YOUNG PEOPLE WHO VISIT OUR LIBRARIES TO CONTACT THE KEY DECISION-MAKERS AS WELL.  GO TEAM!! Governor Malloy:  Governor.Malloy at ct.gov<mailto:Governor.Malloy at ct.gov>;  860-566-4840 Senator Martin Looney (New Haven, Hamden) – Senate President;  looney at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:looney at senatedems.ct.gov>; 860-240-8600 Senator Bob Duff (Norwalk) – Senate Majority Leader; duff at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:duff at senatedems.ct.gov>; 860-240-8600 Senator Beth Bye (West Hartford, Bloomfield, Farmington, Burlington) – Senate Chair of the Appropriations Committee;  bye at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:bye at senatedems.ct.gov>; 860-240-8600 Senator John Fonfara (Hartford, Wethersfield) – Senate Chair of the Finance, Revenue & Bonding Committee;  fonfara at senatedems.ct.gov<mailto:fonfara at senatedems.ct.gov>; 860-240-8600 Rep. Brendan Sharkey (Hamden) – House Speaker; brendan.sharkey at cga.ct.gov<mailto:brendan.sharkey at cga.ct.gov>; 860-240-8500 Rep. Joe Aresimowicz (Berlin, Southington) – House Majority Leader; joe.aresimowicz at cga.ct.gov<mailto:joe.aresimowicz at cga.ct.gov>; 860-240-8500 Rep. Toni Walker (New Haven) – House Chair of the Appropriations Committee; toni.walker at cga.ct.gov<mailto:toni.walker at cga.ct.gov>; 860-240-8500 Rep. Jeffrey Berger (Waterbury) – House Chair of the Finance, Revenue & Bonding Committee; jeffrey.berger at cga.ct.gov<mailto:jeffrey.berger at cga.ct.gov>; 860-240-8500  LET’S KEEP FIGHTING FOR LIBRARIES !  I WILL KEEP TALKING WITH THESE KEY DECISION-MAKERS AND KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED OF DEVELOPMENTS.!! Shea    This message is privileged & confidential.  Thank You.  Carl A. Antonucci, Jr., MS, Ph.D.Director of Library ServicesElihu Burritt LibraryCentral Connecticut State University1615 Stanley Street - P.O. Box 4010New Britain, Connecticut 06050-4010P: (860) 832-2097F: (860) 832-2118antonucci at ccsu.edu