[CASL-L] Your library's future -- are you preparing for it?

Styles, Julie Julie.Styles at ct.gov
Mon Nov 2 06:32:07 PST 2015

Libraries must take an active, visible role in building sustainable, resilient and regenerative communities. Our future depends on it.

"Sustainable Thinking" is a concept that aligns the core values of libraries with the "Triple Bottom Line" definition of sustainability, to result in libraries that are:

*        Sustainable: have the capacity to endure

*        Resilient: can bounce back in the face of disruption

*        Regenerative: bring new and energetic life to their communities

Join us Friday, November 13 at the Simsbury Public Library for a special workshop with Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, Coordinator for Library Sustainability at the Mid-Hudson Library System in New York. We will explore how to infuse the core value of sustainability into everything we do, taking a "whole systems approach" to leading our libraries into the future and building our base of support among those we serve along the way.

For more information and to register, please visit: http://bit.ly/20nAZOi

[CT_State_Library_Logo-02_email2]
Julie Styles | Professional Development Coordinator | Division of Library Development
julie.styles at ct.gov | 860-704-2206 | 786 South Main St. Middletown CT 06457
Website: http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home | Continuing Education Calendar: http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp