[CASL-L] 11/13 YA Program - Summer Reading: What We Do/Why We Do It – Making the Connection

Williams, Linda Linda.Williams at ct.gov
Thu Oct 15 13:20:28 PDT 2015

The Young Adult section of CLA in partnership with the Connecticut State Library invites you to attend an all-day workshop at the Wallingford Public Library on November 13, 2015.

Of particular interest to the school community is an overview of adolescent reading research given by Teri Lesesne<https://www.facebook.com/ProfessorNana?fref=ts> (pronounced La-sayne, I believe) also known as The Goddess of YA Literature, or Professor Nana<http://professornana.livejournal.com/>. Teri is also a 2015 National Book Award<http://www.nationalbook.org/nba2015.html#.ViAImvRdUy4> judge in the category of Young People’s Literature.

There will also be a presentation by Jennifer Rummel<http://yabooknerd.blogspot.com/> on using statistics to encourage support for YA materials and services. And I will be talking about/ leading discussions on how to connect the research to library summer reading goals/programs, the pros and cons of reading incentives, and developing an elevator speech so that you are prepared to be an advocate for your YA library programs.

More information, and information on how to registor for the program is here:
   http://ctlibraryassociation.org/meetinginfo.php?id=166

If you haven’t heard of Teri Lesesne, you might have seen her books. Here are a few!:

[cid:image001.png at 01D10752.DF9658A0]

Linda Williams

[CT_State_Library_Logo-02.png]

Linda Williams | Children's Services Consultant, Division of Library Development | Linda.Williams at ct.gov<mailto:Linda.Williams at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 456-1717 x302