[CASL-L] Fw: Picture Book Theatre, Special Storytimes with Claire Keane and Kate Hosford, Amherst Storybook Project, and More

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 28 10:25:27 PDT 2015

FYI

      On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:02 AM, The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art <marketing at carlemuseum.org> wrote:

|  |

| Having trouble viewing this email?Click here |

 |  |

|  |

|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

 |  |

|   |

|   |

|  |

Give Join Making Art  |

|  |

| Upcoming at The Carle
Click on links in blue for full event details.Free with Museum Admission unless otherwise noted. ($ indicates fee)  |

| GIFT NEWS   |

| The Carle received a Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) Cultural Investment Portfolio Grant for $11,500! We are so grateful to the MCC!

|  |

| Join our #GetBehindPictureBooks campaign! Have a friend take a photo of you  peeking out from behind your favorite picture book, then post it to social media or email it to us. Be sure to use the hashtag #GetBehindPictureBooks and tell us how you champion the cause!  |

| MEMBERS ONLY |

|   Members Opening Reception: Magic, Color, Flair: the world of Mary Blair
November 14, 2015
5:00 - 6:15pm Reception6:15 - 7:00pm Conversation with collector/author Angela DiTerlizzi and animator/illustrator Claire Keane, Executive Director Alix Kennedy and Chief Curator Ellen Keiter
The event includes appetizers and a drink ticket, plus the chance to win exhibition-related items in our free drawing. Members RSVP by November 9 to Megan Regan at (413) 658-1104 or membership at carlemuseum.org

Mary Blair, I Can Fly title cover illustration for Golden Book, 1950, ren. 1979, Courtesy Penguin Random House LLC. Magic, Color, Flair: the world of Mary Blair is organized by The Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco, CA. Support for Magic, Color, Flair: the world of Mary Blair at The Carle is generously provided by Random House Children's Books. |

| PROGRAMS AND EVENTS |

| Strega Nona Tells All: A Conversation with
Tomie dePaola
November 7, 20151:00 pmSOLD OUT - Call 413.658.1126 to be added to the waitlist. Please join us for the booksigning immediately following the program.*

|  |

|  Amherst Storybook Project with Luminarium Dance Company

November 8, 2015
12:30pm and 1:30pm

|  |

|  Special Storytime: Kate Hosford

November 8, 2015
2:00pm
Book signing to follow.*

|  |

|  Special Storytime: Claire Keane

November 15, 2015
2:00pm
Book signing to follow.* |

|  |

| *Limit one book from home/unlimited books from The Carle Bookshop. Can't make it to the event? You may reserve signed books online or contact The Carle Bookshop at (413) 658-1132 or shop at carlemuseum.org.  |

| Illustration from 1,2,3, to the Zoo: A Counting Book by Eric Carle © 1968 by Eric Carle.

| PROGRAMS AND EVENTS  |

| Toddler and Preschooler Play Series:
Friday Mornings(Toddlers and Preschoolers with parents/caregivers/teachers)
Art Studio
Materials Play
October 30, November 6, 2015
10:30am - 11:30am |

| IN THE ART STUDIO
 |

|  Every Day Art Program: It's a Mary Blair World

November 4 - December 8, 2015
All day

|  |

|  Special Art Activity with Susan Schwake

November 14, 2015
1:00pm - 4:00pm

|  |

|  Picture Book Theatre presents: Rooster's Off to See the World and "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly," said the Sloth by Eric Carle  November 14 and 21, 2015 2:00pm November 27 and 28, 2015 2:00pm and 3:00pm
($) www.picturebooktheatre.com |

|  |

| *Limit one book from home/unlimited books from The Carle Bookshop. Can't make it to the event? You may reserve signed books online or contact The Carle Bookshop at (413) 658-1132 or shop at carlemuseum.org.  |

| SIMMONS COLLEGE
 |

| Simmons at The Carle Information Sessions  November 14, 2015
 12:00pm - 1:00pm
 December 12, 2015
 11:00am - 12:00pm   Learn about the four graduate degrees in children's literature available at The Carle. Registration required. For more information about Simmons programs, email gsa at simmons.edu. |

| EXHIBITIONS |

| Gray Matter: David Macaulay's Black and White

Central Gallery
Through November 29, 2015
Support for this exhibition has been generously provided by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. |

|  |

| The Art of Eric Carle: From A to Z
 West Gallery
Through March 20, 2016
This exhibition is made possible through the generous support of the Hsin-Yi Foundation. Illustration from A House for Hermit Crab © 1987 by Eric Carle

|  |

| East Gallery Closed During Reinstallation

Through November 13, 2015

|  |

| Magic, Color, Flair: the world of Mary Blair

  November 14, 2015 - February 21, 2016

Magic, Color, Flair: the world of Mary Blair is organized by
The Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco, CA.
Support for this presentation at The Carle is generously provided by Random House Children's Books.

|  |

|   |

The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art | 125 West Bay Road | Amherst | MA | 01002 |

 |  |