[CASL-L] Fw: [aaslforum] site: Better World Education

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 14 15:46:28 PDT 2015

FYI

      On Monday, September 14, 2015 7:15 AM, Sarles Patricia (18K500) <PSarles at schools.nyc.gov> wrote:

 Sharing a site that was shared by our music teacher who won 11th place in the Varkey Foundation's Global Teacher Prize:

"Welcome to [a] learning toolkit to help [you] approach [your] academic goals in an engaging, real-world relevant way, to help [you] inspire and enable [your] students and community to lead informed positive change. We're building the globally adaptable academic curriculum for global good to transform our classrooms into hubs for coordinated global change."

The site includes lesson plans and lots of videos and would be great for social studies classes, civics classes, and advisories.

http://www.betterworlded.org/

Patricia Sarles, MA (Anthropology), MLS
Librarian
Jerome Parker Campus Library
100 Essex Drive
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-370-6900 x1322
psarles at schools.nyc.gov
http://jeromeparkercampus.libguides.com/home

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. - Naguib Mahfouz

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information. - Benjamin Disraeli