[CASL-L] Banned Books Week

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 10:20:36 PDT 2015

Great minds think alike!  I started preparing my Banned Books Week display this morning.  "Part-time Indian" is #1 on the challenged list this year, followed by "Persepolis" and "And Tango Makes Three."  Just sayin', but it's a disturbing trend I'm seeing that more of the books being challenged recently have, in some way, an Islamic theme, though that's not the reason stated for the challenge.
Also, just received a Facebook post with a disturbing experience by Bill Konigsburg.  Let me check and see whether he's okay with it being shared.  It's very Banned Books Week-appropriate.

Cathy Andronik
Teacher Librarian
Brien McMahon HS
Norwalk