[CASL-L] coding sites/apps

Katherine Candido kcandido at att.net
Sat Sep 19 11:23:48 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,
I'm use centers as an instructional model in my elementary school media center.  I'm currently working on creating a Coding Center for my grade 2-5 students.  I've attended a couple of sessions at conferences about Coding and taken a one day training through Code.org, but am still a novice in this area.  Can anyone recommend a few good free coding apps/websites/chromebook apps that are especially good for kids?  I've searched a bit, but don't want to sign up for something without some background info/recommendations.  Since I only have 2 ipads, I would like to have a couple of web based tools kids could access on desktop or Chromebook computers.  Thanks so much for your help!
Kate