[CASL-L] Library Way in NYC

John Crowley johncrowley3 at icloud.com
Mon Sep 21 09:31:19 PDT 2015

Yes.  This is another of the many NYC “hidden gems.”   Here’s my recommended “trail.” Start at Grand Central Terminal, a not so hidden gem, and leave at the Vanderbilt 42nd St exit.  Go downtown one block to 41st St. Walk west on 41st, toward the NYPL (you can see it, clearly, in front of you).  I like to read the quotes on the north or right side as I’m going toward the NYPL (5th Ave.).  Inside the NYPL, check for special exhibits or just go up to the Rose Reading Room.  Continue on to the back of the Library (you have to go out the front steps).  The greenspace behind the library is called Bryant Park.  This is another free gem, with some activity going on most days.  Go up 6th Ave (Avenue of the Americas) to Times Square or continue on 41st to the beginning of the theatre district. (I just saw “Amazing Grace” and it is, yes, amazing!)  When you’re needing to go home, allow time to go back to GCT by way of 41st, so you can read the quotes on the south side.
Enjoy your “Trump-free” visit to the Big Apple.

John Crowley
johncrowley3 at icloud.com
J.D. Crowley Consulting
566 Broadview Road