[CASL-L] surveillance cameras

Rocca, Jennifer roccaj at brookfieldps.org
Thu Dec 15 07:48:08 PST 2016

Our administration wants to install surveillance cameras in our library.  I
am concerned.  Their proposed placement would allow them to view nearly
100% of the library.  I have concerns about students and teachers feeling
comfortable in their teaching and presenting if they are on camera all of
the time.

Who else has cameras in their library?  What policies did you create/adjust
when they were installed  What do the cameras see?  What limits did you set
for acceptable/unacceptable surveillance?

Suggestions?  Ideas?  Input?

--

Jennifer Rocca
Brookfield HS Teacher Librarian