[CASL-L] Youtube downloader?

Dawn Zillich dzillich at spchs.com
Wed Dec 21 09:37:44 PST 2016

Matt,

Have you tried these:

http://toogl.es/#/browse

You Tube without all of the extras, including the ads before the videos.
Easy to search and to use, toogl.es hides related videos from view, doesn’t
display comments and blocks all ads. Does not require installation of a
browser extension or script.

In addition, you can use TubeChop (TubeChop.com) to share a specific
portion of a YouTube video. You can designate a start and end time then
generate a link to the “chopped” portion. TubeChop has been useful during
professional development trainings with teachers when I want to share just
a few minutes of a much longer video.

Happy Holidays,

Dawn M. Zillich, librarian

St. Paul Catholic High School

"The old idea of the librarian as a sort of recluse closeted with his books
and

interested only in them is the very antithesis of the modern librarian, who

must live with people equally with books, and who must also be keenly aware

of all that is going on in the world around him."

~Linda A. Eastman~ (Head Librarian of the Cleveland Public Library, 1918 to
1938)