[CASL-L] EBSCO User Interface Discontinuation Reminder

Hansen, Eric A Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov
Thu Jun 9 10:42:34 PDT 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D03115.F4805630

Hero

Cross-posted; please excuse duplication. Please forward as appropriate.

Some of you may recall that EBSCO's Student Research Center was removed from our resource menus on July 1, 2015 but that the content was still available from behind the improved Explora for High Schools interface.  This move put us out in front of other EBSCO customers who chose to maintain access to Student Research Center.

Now EBSCO interfaces Searchasaurus, Kids Search, and Student Research Center will all be retired everywhere effective July 1, 2016.  Content behind those interfaces will continue to be available behind the Explora interface.  researchIT CT has four audience-specific versions of Explora: for the public, high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools.

For more information about the retired user interfaces, see:

http://support.ebsco.com/support_news/detail.php?id=999&t=h

For more information about Explora in general, see:

http://support.ebsco.com/explora/

Because I will be away the last week of June, I will remove Searchasaurus and Kids Search web buttons and links from researchIT CT's web presence during the week of June 20th.  Links and bookmarks to those resources will continue to work until July 1, when they will cease to function.

Eric Hansen | Electronic Resources Coordinator | Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov<http://mailto:Eric.A.Hansen@ct.gov> |Office: (860) 704-2224<tel:%28860%29%20704-2224>
Division of Library Development<http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home>
www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.ctstatelibrary.org> | 786 South Main Street Middletown CT 06457 | Fax: (860) 704-2229<tel:%28860%29%20704-2229>

researchITCTOneClickdigital.jpg

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

(c) 2014 CT State Library. All rights reserved.