[CASL-L] middle school program

Kim Musket kmusket at ctreg14.org
Thu Mar 17 09:21:11 PDT 2016

Hello All-
Our middle school is in the process of offering a bigger variety of unified arts classes to students next year. The tech ed program will consist of two parts. Information is below.

Are there any schools that teach something similar to this. If so, would you be willing to have our tech ed teacher contact you?

Thank you very much!
Kim

Production and Enterprise- Students will earn a real world understanding of how we as a society use business and manufacturing systems to create any products and services we use daily.  In addition, students will learn how businesses operate from a systems approach.  Learning includes personnel organization, product design concepts, and process engineering for manufacturing.  Students taking the course will learn about the design process and the techniques companies use to take a product from idea inception to manufacturing.

Engineering and Problem Solving Course- This is a hands-on project based course where students learn about two dimensional designing process using AutoCad, Students will learn how to become problem solvers and critical thinkers by learning about some of the key skills commonly used in the field of engineering.  The course has an emphasis on 2 dimensional design and fabrication, using tools and machines in the wood lab. The addition of a 3d printer is a possibility.

Kim Musket
Media Technology Teacher
Woodbury Middle School
The Regional School District 14 Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national/ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability in its programs, activities, and employment practices as set forth in compliance with the Office of Civil Rights, Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504. Any person having inquiries concerning Regional School District 14 Public Schools' compliance with Section 504, Title VI or Title IX should contact: Christina Fensore Director of Special Services Regional School District 14 5 Minortown Road Woodbury, CT 06798 (203) 263-0416