[CASL-L] Elementary Librarians - Do You Grade?

jdberm at comcast.net jdberm at comcast.net
Mon May 9 16:54:21 PDT 2016

In my district, I teach library skills classes to grades 3-6. Currently, I am required to grade all students on their literacy skills and behavior/effort. This is within a fixed scheduling model. My district is moving toward a vision of a 21st century library program with tech skills integrated into the library media curriculum. Grading is labor intensive and takes time away from working with individual students when they visit the library. Grading also impacts the time available for learning and teaching/implementing new technologies with students. Could you reply to me off list to let me know if you grade or don't grade in your district.

Thanking you in advance for this important feedback.

Jannie Des Rosiers-Berman, LMS
Gildersleeve School/Brownstone Intermediate School
jdesrosiersberman at portlandct.us