[CASL-L] Flexible scheduling

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:51:41 PDT 2016

I am looking for advice about flexible scheduling in an elementary school
library.  My school is preK-4, library is a special, and we are on a fixed
schedule.  But I am on the strategic planning committee for the district
and would like to push for getting library out of the specials rotation,
and for grades 3 and 4 to be on a flex. schedule, so that I could
collaborate with teachers on research projects, among other things.  Any
advice out there on how to sell this to the administration?  If you are on
a flexible schedule and are willing to talk, I'd love to hear more about
your experience.  Or please point me to material I could read to learn more
about making this work.

Thank you,
Elaine Shapiro
Broad Brook Elementary School