[CASL-L] NEW LOANER Program

Aimee Shuhart ashuhart at er9.org
Wed Nov 16 04:51:06 PST 2016

Good Morning,

I wanted to check to see what kinds of activities folks might be doing with
K - 2 for Hour of Code.

Many thanks for any idea sharing!!

~Aimee Shuhart
Redding Elementary School

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Jane Martellino <janemartellino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear CASL Members,
>
> This year, I purchased Keva Planks for my school media center and I have
> offered various design challenges to small groups of students, whole
> classes, entire grade levels, and parent-child groups.  It has been the
> best $375 I have spent for nurturing creativity, spatial awareness,
> collaboration, and design thinking.  If you are unfamiliar with this
> product, check out the website: http://www.kevaplanks.com/
>
> At our October 2016 board meeting, we voted to purchase a 1000 piece set
> of KEVA PLANKS in order to start a loaner program for our members.  This
> loaner program would give you the opportunity to try out this product with
> your students before deciding whether or not to purchase it.
>
> APPLY TO THE LOANER PROGRAM:
>
> If you are interested in signing-up for a two week period, please complete
> the application form: https://goo.gl/forms/OBwgmkYWKjwWFcCn2
>
> We would like to start the loaner program December 1st and hope to select
> schools that are in close proximity to each other in order to make the
> transfer of the product much easier.
>
> EXPECTATION:
>
> If accepted into the loaner program, you will be expected to:
>
>    1.
>
>    Contribute photos, lessons, tips, etc. to a shared document in order
>    to build a base of lessons and ideas
>    2.
>
>    Be willing to make pick-up or deliver the planks
>    3.
>
>    Return the set undamaged and in its entirety (a fee will be charged if
>    substantially damaged or missing numerous planks)
>    4.
>
>    Must be a current member of CASL
>

> All ages benefit from playing with KEVA Planks. Consider applying for our
> 1st loaner program.
> Jane
> CASL VP
> --
> Jane E. Martellino
> Twitter: @janemartellino
> Websites:
> www.besmc.org
> www.cocba.org

Aimee Shuhart
Library Learning Commons
Redding Elementary School
33 Lonetown Road
Redding, CT 06896

ashuhart at er9.org
https://sites.google.com/site/reddingelemllc/

--
*Note:*
*This communication is confidential and proprietary to