[CASL-L] HIT: High School: Career Exploration

Janice Pellegrino janpellegrino at milforded.org
Wed Nov 16 10:37:04 PST 2016

Original query:

I’m excited to be working with my School Counselors in building our
career exploration
programming and offerings.  If your Guidance Department and/or your library
is doing great things in this area, could you please respond to me directly
and I’ll post a Hit?  I’ve already been building a nice career ebook
collection as well as links to career exploration websites, but I’d
appreciate any ideas you’re willing to share.

http://colquitt.high.schooldesk.net/Personnel/Guidance/tabid
/66651/Default.aspx

You might get some ideas from our guidance website. I have a symbaloo at
the bottom. The red background tiles are career, orange are about
scholarships, yellow colleges, and green test prep.

Oh, and today my guidance counselors have brought in some financial people
from nearby colleges and the computer lab is open for parents and students
to get help applying to college and learning about FAFSA.

Suggestion for ebook on the Gale Cengage Learning platform called Career
Information Center

Suggestion for ebooks from Rosen Publishing: "Digital Career Building"
series and "Careers in Computer Technology" series

Thank you to all who responded.

- Janice

--
Janice Pellegrino, M.P., M.L.S.